Here , Today I have put together a bunch of Our “ All-time favourite family Dips “
With the availability of all these herbs , Fruits & vegetables in abundance and all coming in fresh from our backyard farm. Must say , we are blessed to be still going strong in the peak of summer with all the heat from the scorching sun whole day .
All the Five dips here are easy to make , and believe me , from all my experience sharing here with you , one never can have enough of these ready & available in your fridge !!! We not only love snacking on these at our cocktails diner or while entertaining guests & family but add these to my lunch salads so -
I get them made very often, as
I also land up adding these dips as dressings / toppings to my lunch salads or add them to my breakfast eggs !
1. Mango Jalapeño Salsa
A seasonal must have during the mango season-
personally It’s only me who avoids this one in the Family as I don’t eat Mangoes ..
The below recipe can be made in two ways - Non cooked - Just chop the mangoes , tomatoes , red chilli , jalapeño pepper ,
Mix together in a bowl , season with cumin powder , salt , pepper & a dash of sugar ( optional ) squeeze some lime juice , garnish with fresh Coriander leaves & sliced/ chopped black olives , leave in for a hour refrigerated to let the flavours infuse ...
as per the picture on top .
Roasted & cooked as per the instructions below . You can blended the cooked mix to a semi smooth or chunky texture .
cooked it has a longer life refrigerated (almost a week) as a sauce / dip when cooked .
* 3 medium sized tomatoes
* 2 Serrano or fat green chillies
* 1 red bell pepper( optional )
* or Fresh red chilli
* 2 jalapeno peppers
* 1 medium sized mango peeled and chopped (choose a mango not overly ripe but just ready & tart )
* 3 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander leaves
* 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* Salt & pepper to taste
Method -: instructions
* Preheat oven @ 180 C
* Slice tomatoes in half and set them onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
* Remove stems from chilli’s and jalapenos and slice in half lengthwise. Set them onto the baking sheet.
* Stem and de-seed the bell peppers. Slice into quarters lengthwise and set on the baking sheet.
* roast on medium shelf (not too close to the heat element ) for 15 minutes.
* Heat a pan to medium heat. Add olive oil and chopped mango.
* Remove chilli and continue to roast the tomatoes another 5-10 minutes or until skins have greatly loosened.
* Remove from heat and allow to cool.
* While the other ingredients are roasting sauté the mango in a bit of oil for about 6-8 minutes or until mango starts to brown slightly.
* Transfer to a food processor.
* Peal skins from tomatoes, jalapeños and bell peppers and add to a food processor.
* Add the Roasted chilli , coriander and salt to taste. Process until smooth.
* Transfer to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate about 4 hours to allow flavors to infuse .
* Or you can enjoy the salsa right away.
This dip is An all time favourite in our household - A delicious to gorge on with crudités, nachos and tortillas:-
2 large ripe Avocados
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tsp onion chopped fine
1 cloves of garlic crushed (Optional)
A dash of Tabasco Sauce
1 Tsp fresh Coriander leaves (Chopped)
½ chopped Tomato (Optional)
Cut the Avocado in half, remove stone
Scoop flesh into a bowl and mash well and mix.
Mix the lemon juice, onion, garlic, Tabasco sauce, cilantro, tomato and salt.
3. Corn salsa -
This dip makes an excellent accompaniment to a load of food
I personally love it added to my chopped chicken salads - with a big Topping of a dollop of guacamole & sour cream
Also very popular to use it in - Tortilla burrito,enchiladas Taco stuffing ,burrito bowls -
* 1 can beans drained and rinsed/ 1 cup Rajma beans ( soaked overnight & boiled to well cooked ) (Optional )
* 1 can canned corn drained/ or 1 cup fresh or frozen American sweet corn - blanched .
* 1/2 medium red onion chopped fine
* 3 jalapenos seeded and chopped
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
* 1/4 cup lime juice
* 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
* Place all of the salsa ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and give it a good stir. Taste, and adjust the seasonings to your preference, if necessary.
* Serve with crunchy tortilla chips as a tasty dip. Or serve on top of tacos, salads, mix with chopped grilled chicken as a chicken salad burritos,
* It’s fantastic every which way!
4. Tomato Salsa -
Can never have enough of this in my refrigerator!!
* 1/2 kg Blanched Tomatoes
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled
* 3-6 green chiles- chopped
* 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves ( 1-cup )
* 1 cup diced white onion
* 1 jalapeno, stem removed (and seeded, if you want less heat)
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* 1 teaspoonsugar (optional)
* Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor until roughly chopped , or your desired consistency is reached. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
* Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a tight container for up to 3 days.
5. Cheesy Mexican Dip
This queso dip is so smooth and creamy and it's made with cheese .
It is a creamy delicious Mexican cheese dip.
So what's Queso ?
Queso means “cheese” in Spanish
Just top this dip with pico de gallo or a scoop of guacamole served with tortilla chips / Nacho .
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 medium onion finely chopped
* 1 medium jalapeno /green chilli / fresh red chilli - minced
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* ½ teaspoon onion powder
* 12 ounces ( non sweet ) evaporated milk
* 8 ounces cream cheese
* 8 ounces shredded cheddar
* 4 ounces shredded monterey jack
* 1/4 cup milk
* salt to taste -
* Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
* Stir in the onion ,garlic and jalapeño /green /red chilli and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
* Add the garlic,and onion powder and cook for 30 seconds more.
* Add the evaporated milk and cream cheese to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until the cream cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
* Reduce heat to low and add the shredded cheese a handful at a time, whisking constantly, until all of the cheese has been added and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
* Add additional milk as desired to reach the consistency you prefer. Season with salt to taste.
* Top with pico de gallo & serve it with Nacho chips !