Updated: Oct 29, 2020
Crunchy shrimp tempura with
spicy Mayo sauce
This Spicy mayo is a great accompaniment for fried shrimps , chicken & steaks , you can make a bottle of it. & keep it refrigerated to go into your favourite sandwich or salads !
its as yum as it is popular called “ the spicy yummy Mayo sauce “
Spicy Mayo - SAUCE
Blend in a bowl vigorously
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
5 tablespoons of Sweet Chili Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1/2 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
1/2 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
1 tsp Sriracha
mix all the above vigorously in a bowl , cover with lid .keep refrigerated for an hour to blend to right texture!!
10 medium size shrimp (Thaw if they are frozen.)
peanut oil for deep frying
tempura flour ( ready flour)
cold water to mix the batter .
1. Prepare shrimp. Remove shells. Make a shallow slit down the back to devein the shrimp. If you canʻt locate the vein, itʻs not a big deal.
2. Turn the shrimp over and make a few tiny slits across the belly. Bend the shrimp so that it is as straight and long as possible, you can insert a tooth pick or a Sate BBQ stick to keep these straight as well !
3. Heat vegetable or peanut oil to just hot temperature check with a drop of batter or with a chop stick dipped in , When golden brown or there are small bubbles around the chopstick, the oil is ready.lower to about medium heat .
4. always dip / roll the prawn in tempura dry flour first
6. now dip in batter - like process below -
7. When the oil is hot and you are ready to deep fry the shrimp.
8. Do these steps with each individual shrimp: Roll in flour, then dip in the tempura batter and place carefully in fryer.
9 the flour is first coat than the tempura mixture.
10. Fry about 2 minutes on each side or until batter is golden brown.
11. Place onto clean paper towels to drain off excess oil.
Then toss the shrimp while still hot/warm in a large metal bowl and drizzle the sauce over top slowly until shaking the bowl and coating it evenly but not over saturated with sauce.
Transfer to a long white plate or shallow white bowl, and serve immediately sprinkled with scallions and sesame seeds on top and with chopsticks surrounding the bowl.