My traditional 3 ingredients summer Treat !!!
Homemade Malai kulfi with only 3 ingredients
cow's milk, sugar & cardamom !
Malai kulfi !
This wholesome clean to the palate , with no extra additives Kulfi is very addictive , in fact with plenty of milk coming from our own Cow s , its a regular year round handy dessert in our household.
I sometimes also make it with a tin of condensed Milk , in this case I avoid any addition of sweetener /sugar .
of course it does help in making the kulfi much creamier & has its own flavour.
Malai Kulfi can be prepared within no time but takes 6-8 hours of chilling in the freezer to set to best consistency .
Kulfi makes a Perfect all time dessert
3 litres of cow ‘s milk
1-¼ cup sugar Or a tin of condensed Milk (200 gms )
1tsp fresh cardamom powder .
•In a thick bottomed vessel put the milk to boil on High for 15 minutes,
• lower gas to medium heat & further boil the milk stirring continuously till milk reduces to almost Half the quantity.
• add the sugar / or Condensed milk , boil further till all sugar has dissolved.
• Finally add the cardamom powder and stir well .
• Put of the gas and leave to cool covered with a mesh cover , stir in between from , time to time, to prevent a cream from forming on the top .
• when cooled , start filling into cone shaped kulfi moulds.
as ( shown ) the picture.
freeze overnight or 6 hours !
one can add ½ cup of very finely crushed almonds & pistachio,almost powdered and a few strands of saffron to make this into kesar Pista kulfi.
serving suggestions from
serve garnished with chopped almond & pistachio !
or with a drizzle of Rose syrup & falooda !