These mouth full of crunchy vegetables, wrapped up in cold & crisp iceberg lettuce make super party h’ordeuvres
A vegans & healthy food cocktail treat .
Thanks to being a partial vegetarian on certain days , l get to order these & taste the different variations each time in many an Asian restaurant !!
These vegetarian lettuce wraps with all its umami flavours were a love st first sight , sweet hoisin sauce, wok-seared veggies, crunchy water chestnuts topped with a squeeze of lime and tossed into a crispy lettuce leave !!!
I first tasted these in Manchester at the famous Glamorous Garden Restaurant .
We were celebrating my son Rohaan’s graduation his 21st birthday, as well that day at this lovely Dim sum place !
we order the vegetables lettuce wraps for myself while the family had the chicken & pork ones ones of course and this was where I first tasted an iceberg wrap!!!
so with all these variable styles each different in their own ways ,
Here s sharing with you all My version of a very successful Vegan wrap !
100gm carrots grate & minced
100gm white radish grate squeeze out all water & mince
100 gm tofu cut into tiny cubes ( like mince)
50 gm finely mixed mushroom ( optional )
* 2 teaspoons peanut oil
* 2 tsp Roasted sesame oil(I use the exotic roasted sesame one
* oil tablespoon tamari or soy sauce (use tamari for gluten-free)
* 1 tablespoon black & white sesame seeds
* Kosher /sea salt to taste
* Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
* Garnish -:
* 1 small bunch of mung bean / rice noodles .
* finely chopped spring onion greens
* well crushed crunchy peanut ( optional )
* crunchy bean sprouts
To Prepare -
•peel & wash all vegetables
•finely grate the carrots & radish , drain
•sauté in a hot pan over medium heat in 1 tsp oil
•Sauté similarly the finely chopped mushroom & tofu .
mix all veggies
•season with the soya ,salt & pepper& sauté
•sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds
•Assemble the lettuce wraps: •Separate the lettuce leaves. •Spoon a small amount of the rice noodles on top, followed by the sautéed vegetables and mushrooms ( optional)
•add a teaspoon of sauce on veggies. before garnish.
•sprinkle a drop or two of
the exotic sesame oil
•Repeat with remaining lettuce and fillings.
To plate -:
* arrange on a serving platter
* garnish with the -
* chopped-cilantro,spring onion ,crunchy crushed peanut ,bean sprouts & glass noodles
* securing the leaf with Toothpick while circulating as a cocktail starter , make it easy to pick up as a finger food !